Just an extraordinarily pretentious English major who loves to wander. Why should I get a full set of silverware when I can save up to visit the Taj Mahal instead?
I’ve been lucky enough to have done a whole lot of traveling, but the world is big enough that I’ll never feel finished. I just want to see it all.
The name’s Eytan, and it rhymes with Akon. Someday I’ll thank him for making introductions so much smoother. In the meantime, hopefully you’ll enjoy my budget travel tips, ultralight gear obsessions, and other mundane nonsense, as I share my sometimes awesome, sometimes awkward international adventures.
Fun fact time!
- I was thrown off a horse in Ecuador. It was totally not my fault.
- I got locked inside an Italian train station for a whole winter night.
- I somehow managed to do a voiceover for a Colombian TV show.
- I am proudly Ravenclaw.
- I got to #1 on reddit. Bask in my greatness. BASK.
- I started a snowball fight in Turkey that turned into a street-wide snowbrawl.
- I like the little models of buildings more than the real buildings.
- I could eat Asian food forever and never get tired of it.
- I only know one card trick and I suck at it.
More fun facts to follow as I do more interesting things worth discussing!
If you can’t get enough of me, you can also find me on: